BSC Glasgow 2 Vale of Leithen 0

The manager selected a team which showed several changes from last weeks win, which included Sean Stewart and Kerr Allan on the bench.
The game commenced with Dawson as a lone striker as Vale had set up defensively to try and contain BSC.
However, BSC came firing out of the starting blocks and had the Vale on the receiving end of waves of attacks for the first 10 minutes, in which they struck the post twice.
Gradually as the game wore on the Vale were beginning to frustrate BSC with some resolute defending.
BSC had McStay and Murray running the midfield but were still struggling to breach the Vale defence, although in the 30 minute a free kirk from McStay was parried by Gilpin and Grehan followed up to net, only to be give offside.
Vale’s Scott-Mercer took a bad knee knock in the 36 minute and it looked bad for a while. However, after some treatment he was able to continue.
With it looking like the Vale could hold out until Half Time, they were finally beaten from the penalty spot in the 40 minute.
As McNab darted into the box he tackled and went over, and much to the disgust of the Vale defence the referee pointed to the spot. Ally Smith was booked for dissent.
Andy Smith converted the spot kick.
HT 1-0
Vale brought on Sean Stewart for the second half and immediately his running was starting to create some problems for the BSC defence.
BSC had the ball in the net in the 55 minute but Grehan was again ruled offsite.
In the 60 minute Stewart broke clear and only some good goalkeeping from Barr prevented an equaliser.
BSC scored again in the 69 minute when Duncan hit home, with the Vale defence claiming offside.
He was immediately replaced by Redpath, who with almost his first touch cracked the Vale bar.
The game was played out with BSC continuing to dictate with Vale hitting on the break.
FT 2-0
A decent performance from the team against a side littered with skill and experience. Still think BSC are the best team we have played this season and this year’s title will go to the wire.